In 1958, the Catholic Diocese of St. Augustine bought 100 acres between the river
and State Road 13to build a summer camp, opening Camp St. John the following year.
In the early 1960’s, the camp was used to house Cuban refugees,
and a few years later an experimental Job Corps program.
Camp St. John is still in use to this day.
From organized groups like Cursillo, Confirmation groups and Disabilities Camps
to private and personal functions like Family Reunions.
Campers travel to Marywood to take advantage of the facilities,
bunkhouses accommodating 72 guests, screened pavilion,
chapel, commercial kitchen and dining room.
We also feature picnic areas, tennis, basketball courts, nature trail and pier.
Management at Marywood reserves the right to refuse accommodations at our discretion.